Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vintage treasures

Good Sunday morning~~~
I'm doing a continuation of yesterday's post.
The treasures from yesterday's sailing adventure are now resting in their new home.
These cases are under the table, but still need some white paint on them. I thought I'd let them get used to their new surroundings before shocking them with a coat of white.
These home made wind chimes have been tinkling all morning in the sun room.

The round mirror seems comfortable with the other vintage mirrors on the mantle. I like the idea of using the pellet stove(used all winter) as a place for another vignette.



Seems like no one understands this little wire lamp shade frame. I just think it's the cutest thing. I'll be looking for just the right little white lamp to put it on. For just ten cents, she was worth being rescued from a trash bin.

Since I've added blue to the dining room, the addition of the blue dessert dish, and serving bowl helps bring the color in to the dishes. It's such a beachy color with the white.


I was so happy when I found these shell dishes. They go with my set of dishes perfectly!
There were other pieces that needed homes yesterday...but this lakehouse is getting kind of full.
After de-cluttering all the country stuff I used to have, it seems I'm re-cluttering with vintage treasures.
That's okay though, I wouldn't be happy any other way.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Debbie
xxxooo

2 comments:

  1. Debbie - Your blogs about your garage 'sailing' have been sooo funny! I could just picture you running around the corner of the house and jumping up and down with your treasures! lol!

    LUV LUV LUV the blue dish, the glass shell dishes, and your shells! And I can't believe that you discovered those vintage suitcases. They're going to look fantastic painted white!

    Great job 'sailing', sis!!! :) XOXOXO

    laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an adorable home Debbie. I love the soft blue and white together. I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete