Friday, June 11, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall

and on the floor.....
and on the mantle....







They are everywhere in this old lakehouse!!
I love vintage mirrors. They have such character. The etched ones are my favorites.
I think some of these graced medicine cabinets years ago.




This round one I recently found while yard sale shopping. It was only a dollar, and it's rather large. I love the scroll work on it!






Then there's this beast!!! I painted the frame just yesterday. She weighs a ton!(I can relate to her).
She originally was a dark cream color with gold trim. But in order for her to stay at the lakehouse, she needed to lighten up.(Kind of like me..as in diet).





After her make-over, I tried to get her up on the wall.....but she was sooo heavy! I had to bring Hubby in and have him help me hoist her to the peg. Seriously, they must have used lead to put this baby together...because she wasn't going to go up without a struggle.













Whew! We finally got the she-beast mounted on the wall, and are very happy with the way she looks.
I am NOT happy with my reflection in this beautiful old mirror, however. I'm hoping she was once used in a "fun house", because my reflection seems to look distorted...as in WIDE!
I'm sure it's just a flaw in the glass.
Have a good day folks!
Debbie
xxxooo
Shared with Romantic Home for Show and Tell.



8 comments:

  1. LOL! Cute post, Debbie! LOL! What a beeeautiful mirror ---- and for a buck??!! (I can hardly wait to go shopping with you....) What a steal! It looks fabulous on that wall reflecting your adorable blue and white chairs.

    xoxo laurie@heavenswalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!

    First off, all of your mirrors are beautiful! That last one you just refinished is just beautifuland looks amazing on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of your mirrors!! So beautiful!! I am hoping to find some this summer at garage sales or thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scroll work, too. What a deal and the one you painted is great, too. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...what a beautiful mirror!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am impressed Debbie! Love ALL your mirrors! ~Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mirrors, they bring in so much light. I too like to have them all around the house. The big oval ones are my favorite. Have a wonderful walk, I wear my pj's in the morning walking around the gardens, don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mirrors! They are just lovely!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete