Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vintage Bliss

Hello lovies~~how is your holiday weekend going so far? We just returned home from down-state after a weekend of good times with hubby's brother and his wife.
The guys went goose hunting, and the girls went vintage hunting.
We found THE most awesome "stuff"!!
We also found some pretty neat "stuff" at Hobby Lobby.
The vintage ticking pillow I nabbed while at the flea market last weekend. Then the  "French" linen pillow was found at a second hand shop yesterday.
The iron piece of scroll work was a Hobby Lobby find.

I'm loving the lamp. The shade is linen, and matches the French pillow on my yard sale wicker settee.
The clock is another Hobby Lobby catch. It's metal...looks really gold in the photos, but is really lots darker. I'm debating on painting it white....but like the antique look of it the way it is.
This morning we had the pleasure of hearing hubby's nephew preach....other family members were at the church. We all went for dinner after, and had a great time together.
Tomorrow we are planning on spending the day out on the boat. It will be a perfect ending to a perfect holiday weekend.
I sincerely hope each and every one of you is enjoying this last long weekend of the summer.
Have a blessed evening.
Debbie
Stay tuned for other vintage treasures.

9 comments:

  1. Great finds. Love the pillows and the clock.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-I'm loving all your finds too! I can't believe you got that pillow at a flea market...the only thing I seem to find at flea markets are just that- Fleas! lol

    I kind of like the looks of the clock as is. As I am taking a 2nd look at it I just noticed that there is some scrollwork on it that I didn't see before. Very vintag-y!

    I'm glad you had fun at your in-laws and I hope you have a great time boating tomorrow..shed a little tear for me as I am working the whole weekend at the hospital. One more day, though, and I am off for 5! Yea!

    Hugs to you...can't wait to see the rest of your treasures- xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Wow, I just love your treasures, the pillows look amazing on your wicker settee! The French one is my favorite (of course!) And I thought for sure that your clock was a valuable old antique! Don't you just love Hobby Lobby? I could spend alot of time (and $$$) there!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend you are having! I just love all your new finds. The clock looks great like it is on your wall. Lovin' the lamp and pillows. I love metal and iron and your little scroll work is beautiful above the wicker and new pillows.
    The family gathering at church must have been a great time for everyone.
    Doug has been moving out this weekend and I FOUND my living room again! Plus a couple of gifts that I hadn't been able to use until I could get to the walls again! LOL
    We have had cooler weather and a fire last night felt so good!
    Enjoy the water- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! It is fun to find new things that look old, too! Enjoy what is left of this wonderful weekend!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh.......so THAT'S where my French ticking pillow ended up. I've been searching for it all week...... lol!

    AND now I know how Diana feels when we go shopping without her! I can't believe you went without ME!!!!!! lol!

    Well, that's ok, I guess. I'm headed to IKEA (yup,I said IKEA!!) this week with my sister-in-law. I'll be thinking of you....and my pillow. hehehe!

    Seriously, I love love love your new treasures, sis! Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! So glad.....! :)

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous...those pieces are fantastic. What great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie!! Love all of your new finds!! I'm a crazy girl for clocks so I'm really loving your clock! We don't have hobby lobby around here..Sounds like a great weekend!

    Hope you guys are having nice weather! Ours has cooled down a bit..thank goodness!

    Big Hugs ~ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your have a beautiful home, the way you have used the furniture and decorated it, it just speaks volumes about your taste and decor sense, the wall clock and the cushion covers are too good, look very stylish in this age, check out my blog AboutCabinets Blog and see tips on home decor

    ReplyDelete