Friday, April 8, 2011

Bloggers and lurkers

Remember when you weren't a blogger?
Remember the first blog you ever followed?
I started following Sarah, at A Beach Cottage. I wasn't a blogger, just a lurker(as Sarah called us). Even tho I didn't have my own blog, Sarah responded to my comments via email.
I was soooo excited to get home from work to read her post each day.
Sarah inspired me to start blogging.
 I'm glad that Sarah included me in her world...even without a blog of my own.
There are so many people that follow blogs(lurkers) that we miss. They don't comment, they just stop by and read our posts.
One such "lurker" has become a blessing in my life. Her name is Susie, and she's from Tipton, Indiana.
Susie started sending letters, and cards even before my illness. We have become "pen-pals".  Susie has been a prayer warrior, and a great friend to me.



Right now, Susie is going through a trial. Her daughter, Liz, was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Liz has three young children.
Susie's heart is broken for her child.

I know, for a fact, that when storms hit, and the waves come crashing in, bloggers come together and pray.
 Please lift Susie and her family up in prayer.  Being a part of the blogging community has been such a blessing for me. Lurkers are a part of our community too...

May the peace that passeth all understanding,(Phil.4:7) wash over Susie and her family as the blogging community lifts them up in prayer.
Thank you.
Hugs to all of you! and lurkers too.
Debbie

Susie Stevens
3700 W. 100 North
Tipton, IN 46072

No comments:

Post a Comment