Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Waiting for the real thing.

It's Spring here at the Lakehouse, although there are no flowers blooming.
So to make it look like Spring has sprung indoors....out came the silk  flowers.

The top of the entertainment center now looks something like a little garden nook.

We have birds, nests, flowers, and eggs.

Not as pretty as the real thing, but as close as we could get.

Looks like a "pretend bird" built a pretend nest, and laid pretend eggs in the urn.
How sweet.

Oh look...a "not real" bunny is hiding in the basket under the silk wreath!!!
Doesn't it look pretty nestled in with the fake....oh, I mean "faux" eggs?
To make it all smell "real", I added a lavender sachet made from some vintage linen and lace I collect...yummy.

I'm patiently waiting for the REAL flowers to start blooming here at the Lakehouse. 
Until then, these bits and pieces of "not real" ones will suffice.
I hope your Easter week is filled with anticipation, and joy!
                                                                                        Hugs.
                                                                                      Debbie

16 comments:

  1. Hey you! Love your fake, or faux decor. You gotta do what you gotta do!
    Come on by for some more fake computer deco. April desktop calendars just went up, with a mention of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, I love faux flowers and greenery.. I am afraid the cat would eat something and become sick..So yes, I do the faux too. I have just got to buy me some bunnies. I see them on others sites and then want a couple cuties myself. Enjoy this beautiful Spring. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your pictures with the bunny and the eggs *smile*.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Debbie,You're great at setting up your home for seasonal changes.We all do our "fake"displays and love them.Go see how "fake" I can be,teehee. It's just that were good with our imaginations that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colours, and I also like the eggs and white candles in glass holders. Wishing you a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' your vignette, the last pic is beautiful! We actually had frost here this morning, I know we have a way to go yet-but I'd like for it to warm up too. Happy Easter Week:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now to make it REALLY authentic you need to add a little bunny poop! just sayin'.... It looks great, Debbie. Very sweet and Springy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty and like Spring! Love the urn!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for the flowers here too which we always plant in May! Yours look lovely and will get you thur until the real ones come up!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faux is the way to go when spring has yet to arrive! I am totally drooling over your birdcage, and I just love the display you created in the basket, too! It sure doesn't feel like spring here, it's cold and rainy, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you get your outdoor flowers soon! All your indoor flowers look beautiful! I especially love the bird nest with eggs in the urn, just gorgeous!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And hugs back to you, Debbie...Have a blessed Easter, faux flowers or not...I just bought an Easter lily, smells so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like spring has sprung at the Lakehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring is around the corner and it's going to be here before you know it.
    Your eggs, nests and all the trimmings look perfect. I love the urn, that is beautiful.
    Good job and nothing at all wrong with faux. It works!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so pretty!
    Hoping you have a wonderful Easter weekend full of sunshine and chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely vignettes Debbie ! perfect for spring ! Happy Easter ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete