Monday, April 22, 2013

Flour sack towels vs bar towels

Good Monday to everyone.
I trust your weekend was enjoyable.

In my last post, I shared about the garlands I was making out of bar towels.
People asked what a bar towel was.
I should have said I used a flour sack towel.
They are more of a gauze-type of material.
I hope that helps any of you interested in making a garland like Sissie's from Sissie's Shabby Cottage.

 Sissie uses strips of lace for her garlands, and other fabrics, as well. They are so cute!!! Go over and visit her blog. She's an amazing lady!
I just wanted to clarify the "towel thing".
Have a lovely week. 
Take just a few minutes today to sit, and enjoy something....a favorite magazine, family photos, Bible verses, a cup of tea or coffee, a phone call to a friend....something that brings a smile to your face, and joy to your heart.
Enjoy.
xo

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Debbie. I'm not having a good morning and took a break to read a couple of blog posts and clear my head. Your beautiful white roses brought a much needed smile to my face. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made garlands through the years out of many things and sold many of them. Back when I crafted- I did them out of homespun. I think I will look through my scraps and lace and see what I can come up with on the next rainy day. (Tuesday, from the forecast)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...I see! The addition of lace is pretty, too!

    I hope you had sunny weather today. I had a doctor's appointment way out in the southwest suburbs and the drive was so pretty, past forest preserves and fields that haven't been mowed down for new subdivisions. Beautiful. And tonight is dedicated to reading.

    Have a great week!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images here, Debbie. Glad you told me what bar towels are!;>) Hope you have a wonderful week...and Sissie is a doll!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to come back in and say that your blog looks wonderful and your pictures are awesome. Love the font you picked out, fits you well.

    ReplyDelete