Sunday, June 23, 2013

Enjoying Summer.

It's been a busy weekend, so far, here at my cottage at the lake.
Zoey, and Sadie are spending some time with us while their parents take a trip to Traverse City on a wine tasting tour for their anniversary.


 The girls have been playing with the dogs, Bella, and Bosco the entire time they have been here. They have been in, and out of the playhouse for two days...having the time of their lives.



 I've been cutting flowers, and putting them in small pitchers, and bottles the last few days. The girls LOVE helping me with the gardens while they are here.














In just a few more days the gardens will be bursting with blooms!!! The Hollyhocks are getting ready to blossom. The roses are already blooming, as you can see...but so many buds are ready to open.
The cottage garden is going to be in full bloom by the 4th of July!! 
Time to see where my two little darlings are.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
xo

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely beginning to summer at the Lakehouse. Your flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great weekend! Beautiful flowers and I'm lovin' your new header:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect weekend weather to spend time in your gorgeous garden, Debbie! Your roses and peonies are just so beautiful in those tiny vases. The pale pinks are my fav...of course. :) Enjoy the day with the munchkins! Love you!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those kiddo's can keep you busy, but it's a GOOD busy! I love all of your flowers and you are right, we do share that same color rose. Hubby surprised me with two new rose bushes for my arbor...squeal! I will post about it soon. They are called Eden Climber...ever hear of that? I just ordered a book to help me out, growing roses is something new for this old bird!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blooms! It is so wonderful to enjoy them this time of year. Children and gardens go together really well. Have a great 4th!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day at the cottage. What are you ever going to do without it? Hope you have a good weekend with the grands and that you take lots of photos of all your blooms when they happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are just fantastic! If the header photo is any indication of your flowers, they are just beautiful!!

    We have a dog named Bella also. She is the light of our life.

    Enjoy the little ones.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie...Your flowers are absolutely stunning! Wow wow wow. So gorgeous. Great job!

    Glad you are having fun with your grands. Sounds like they are having fun, too.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie...your flowers are so pretty!! Isn't it so much fun having the grandkids over...mine spent today with me.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie- How wonderful that those little girls get to spend some sweet, sweet time with you and hubby during the summer. It's just the best, isn't it? Enjoy all your flowers...wish I had at least a few blooming here- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooooo many beautiful posies! And I sure do wish I could take a peek inside the playhouse :) Any chance of that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you and the girls are having a blast together, Debbie! Enjoy their visit! Your roses are just stunning! Oh, maybe you can share with us some pics of your fur babies sometime!

    ReplyDelete