Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A preview of the living room.

Good Tuesday afternoon to you.
The living room is almost finished.
One more coat on one last wall....aahhhhh.
This room is just a little bit different than the dining room.
The color in there is Salt Glaze by Martha Stewart.
The living room is Frost by Martha Stewart.

When this room is finished, I will take a picture of the entire area so you can see the two rooms side by side.
The entry into the dining room is quite large.


I cannot wait until the mister puts in the wood floors.
He installed them in the dining room a few years ago...and I love them!
The previous color in here was that same suede that was in the dining room.  It looked nice with the white trim, but just didn't give off that "shabby" look.  I like this color with all of the whites so much more.
I will finish painting tonight. Then move the furniture to their new places.
After a couple of days, I will hang a few things on the walls.
Then I will show you the room all put together.
Have a great evening!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going well, I know how tiring painting can be. Moving things, clean up, moving things back! It's all going to be worth it. These rooms are just beautiful.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie! It looks fabulous! Love the colors you chose! It all looks so much brighter, airier, and oh so shabby! :) I'll bet that it feels like a brand new house! I know what you mean about wood floors. I love our floors and can hardly wait to pull up the carpeting in the master bath. I just KNOW that the original wood flooring is just waiting for me under there. :) Have fun putting it all back together and prettying it up, sista!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I bet you are so excited. I would be. I always loved freshly painted rooms. I sure need to paint here... I can't paint as long as I used too. When I painted my daughter's new house....it just about was more than I could handle. Can't wait to see your rooms all done. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful, and I love the color choices!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always such a treat for the eyes when I stopped by your blog....Your house is awesome....It must be so soothing and relaxing to live in such a "soft" place....I don't stop by often enough....Have a wonderful Thanksgiving..Sue in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie...it just keeps getting better and better! No wonder 'you know who' was there! Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Your header is stunning and I love that chandelier!
    Hugs,
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for the big reveal. I just know its going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, i'm so behind and i missed so much! I'm gonna try to go back and catch up... your house is sooooooo cute. I love your little lacy looking fireplace cover...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie- I just love it! You have done a phenomenal job in your home there. It was like once you decided to take it off the market you could concentrate on making it your home all over again-and you have done so beautifully. I can't wait to see it ALL done.

    Debbie- did you ever say where you got the curtains in the windows of your dining room- or did you make them? I just love the way the flow.

    Have a great night- love ya, sister by another mother- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colors, Debbie! Looks like you have been enjoying yourself and are "nesting":) Glad you are having fun staying put!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete