Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A fun weekend.

The weekend was absolutely wonderful!
Melissa, Kevin, Maddie, Charlotte, and Olivia were here for three days.
Kevin showed Grampa how to put the subway tiles up in the upstairs bathroom.

The girls tried to play outside, but the snow was too deep.
They kept Bella, and Bosco busy most of the time.
It seems like we ate more than anything else.

Homemade potato soup, pizza, biscuits, and gravy, omelette's, broasted chicken, etc.
That doesn't include all the ice cream, fruit, popcorn, and other snacks we ate.

Being trapped inside is not a good thing!!!
We did have fun together, though.
I love having the kids here!!
They bring such joy to my heart.

I've learned to let the house go when the grand kids are here at the cottage.
Instead of worrying about keeping the place all neat, and tidy....I let the little ones play, and scatter their things all over the place.
I want them to feel comfortable, and have fun while they are here.
 The weekend was over all too quickly. The kids had to be on their way, and Grampa, and I had to get back to work.
The tile job was finished.
We had a great visit with our family...and more memories were embedded in my brain.
My quest for joy continues.

I hope your weekend brought happiness to your heart, and a smile to your face.
xoxoxoxoxo

14 comments:

  1. First off, glad you got some time with the grands! Yeah! Love the dishes in the birdcage in the header- stealing that idea...
    Now, where are the photos of the kids eating all that food and how about one of the tile job...like a before and after? Love subway tile. Hugs to you and stay warm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend and I'm lovin' your little bowl of buttons:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pretty blog! Enjoy it! come visit mine sometime okay. Do you have a button? if you do , I will put it on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your pretty photos & I'm so happy you all had such a good time, Debbie!!!
    Hugs,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful weekend and yes, let the kids play and scatter stuff around! I was sort of expecting the button bowl to be a bowl of potato soup!!! I love your pictures!
    Hugs,
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, So glad you have a wonderful time with the children. I sure miss mine. I know what you mean about all the eating when you are cooped up. Like you said, you made memories , to enjoy even when the fun is over for the time being. Blessings to you. Hope your warm up is a safe on, we may get storms tomorrow.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound like a fantastic weekend and you made some wonderful memories for the grandkids. Isn't it too quiet when they leave? xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful weekend with your family, Debbie! I can hear that happiness in your heart and feel the smile on your face:) Can't wait to see those subway tiles, bet they look awesome! Stay warm and snug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey.....! So where's the pics of the remodeled bathroom, girl??? lolol!

    I'm so glad that you all had such a great time! I know how much you love having your girls around you! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had an awesome time!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Debbie sounds like a perfect weekend ! So precious to spend time with loved ones especially if they live far away ! I can't imagine your home looking anything other than wonderful even with messy little ones around ! Have a nice weekend...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a nice weekend with family!
    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love every one of your photos....filled with gorgeous white things...white things are my favorite, especially ironstone pitchers.. :) I had a great weekend, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWWWW.... so wonderful that you had such good times with them. Those will be precious memories for everyone. Makes my heart happy for you to read that. And YES, when i'm trapped indoors all i want to do it eat!. Homemade potato soup sounds heavenly right now!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete