Friday, January 26, 2018

Shouldn't winter be over?!

 Winter.....I am not a fan.  Living in the Upper/Lower part of Michigan was not the smartest choice ....ever. I am a warm weather person, and I need sunshine. The growing season up here is way too short...so having flower gardens is a sad hobby to have...living up here. The Mr. made a faux fireplace for me(so I could pretend to be warm during the long winter months here in the freezing north). We actually have a pellet stove, but I don't like it, because of all the soot it leaves all over the place!! I found this gorgeous insert recently at a wonderful shop in Howell. "Like Mother, Like Daughter" has the most unique pieces from Victorian buildings, and old churches, and buildings from down south(out of state). This awesome piece helps me to imagine myself sitting in front of a warm fire, crackling in the pretend fireplace on these frigid winter nights here on the "tundra".

                                                                              Thank goodness for my job at school!!  I would be so
        bored if I didn't have something to keep me busy during these long winter days!  I don't mean to
        complain. It's just that time of year again. Christmas is over, and the snow should be gone. The
        sun should be shining, and the temperature should be hovering around 72*.  I've been seeing 
        flowers all over on IG, and it makes me want to get outside!!!  but NOT in the snow!! in my
        kayak...on the water, wearing sunblock! instead of a snowsuit!!

                                                                           I cannot wait to go to Sanibel Island!!  My sister, and her husband are going with us this year. They have never been there!! How fun it will be!

                                                                                      The inside of the corner cupboard finally got
               painted....very recently!! I like it so much better than the coral color that was in there.


                                                                                     I also found a unique dining table at "Like 
                  Mother, Like Daughter" at Christmas-time. It is scalloped around the top, and has 
                  gorgeous wood scroll work on the pedestal, legs, and around the table/top edge.

                                                                           As you can see, pale colors are being added here
                  at the cottage.  I like the pale blues, pinks, and some aqua. I'm not sure what summer
                  will bring....I have stayed with mostly whites for quite awhile.
    I hope that where ever you are, you are happy, and enjoying life.....hot, cold, or something in between.  
I will go put on my big girl panties now, and get over this stinkin' winter weather!!
@#*&^ugh...

6 comments:

  1. I am in Texas abd in our camper at our son's ranch. We have had everything from freezing plumbing pipes at 10 degrees to nearly balmy 70 degree days. We have been here 3 weeks and I must say I have enjoyed every single day.
    I love all of your beautiful photos! We will be returning home and I left it shortly after the New Year. It will be surreal to walk in to our hone still decorated as it was when we had all the family there for Christmas Eve. I will have a week of work to take it all down and pack it away.
    I have found that it is so much easier to simply enjoy the moment. Nothing last forver - even winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie

    Hate Winter, you should visit my blog post about it, I even gave it another name! Your home is beautiful!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you in thinking winter be gone...you've hung around far too long, but I know we still have 2 months to endure. I have no fireplace, pretend or otherwise but would love one. Here we are experiencing a January thaw which only tends to tease me. A warm get away would be nice, but then I'd think about staying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in northern california and we are just starting to get some winter in the mountains. We go back and forth- one week it will be in the 70'sand then the next week in the 50's. That's a typical nor cal winter. I can't wait for some HEAT. Good for the bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so cozy. Every single detail is so romantic, shabby and adorable
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so beautiful, Debbie. I just love that collection of ironstone pitchers and the arrangement. It is so beautiful. xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete