Sunday, March 18, 2018

The snow is melting, but the water is still stiff!!!

The snow here at the lake is melting, but the water is still stiff!!
The night time temps are still dropping down into the single digits, so there will be no kayaking for a bit, yet.
That means no gardening, yet.
Getting things done inside will keep me busy until it warms up enough to be outside for any length of time.
I found these shutters taken from an old plantation home in southern Florida, recently. They were painted white, but underneath they had the same  blueish/green paint that my dining room table is wearing.
After distressing the shutters, I put them in the dining room doorway....LOVE!


These OLD shutters have been "hanging" around for a while.
I could never find just the right spot for them here at the cottage....until today.
I helped The Mister put them up over the kitchen sink, and viola!!!  LOVE.
They were a nasty mustardy color when I purchased them. I painted them white, and distressed them. They are wearing their original vintage hardware, which adds to their uniqueness.


Open or closed, they add a little bit of a shabby/beach vibe to the kitchen...which warms this girl's (that lives in a romantic cottage at the lake) heart.

Since returning from Sanibel Island, I decided it was time to decorate for Spring/Easter.
Since my bunny pillow is on the iron crib, I moved the colored mercury eggs to the living room.
Giving the space a bit of a welcome to the change in seasons.


Adding vines with some tiny flowers also helped give the room a nod to Spring.....

and welcomes the Easter holiday.
The past few days have been beautiful here at the Lakehouse. Gorgeous blue skies, with no clouds, and light winds. The temps are still cold, but tolerable. The doves are cooing, and the Redwinged Blackbirds are singing out their mating calls.  The setting sun is moving farther north in the western  sky.  Just a few patches of snow, and thinning ice brings the hope of the coming Spring.
Have a happy week!
Debbie
xo  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie
    I just love everything, love those gorgeous shutters and the color is just fabulous* the vine is so pretty and such a nice touch for Spring and Easter. Its pretty cold here also* but not too much longer and you will be in the garden*** have the best day Debbie
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am swooning over those shutters. Ahhhh gorgeous. Love your Spring and Easter decor that you are showing. Let's hope we see some Spring soon. It has been so nice here today. I actually was outside for a little while with no coat. Felt so good. Have a great new week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your new shutters and springy vignettes! I actually got to spend a bit of time online today. Yay! We had an ugly blustery day here, but it sounds lovely for you at the lake. I love the call of Redwing Blackbirds! Haven't heard them in a long time. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your cottage!! If it were a shop, I would buy it all!!
    Spring has sprung way down here in Texas! It has been in the 80's for the past few days....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing so many great shots of your home on IG. So glad I could enlarge these!!!

    Fingers crossed the lakes will completely thaw, and we can have a gorgeous spring!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you have done with the shutters. Reusing old things and giving them new purpose brings a lot of joy. I love to find something old that I can paint and enjoy. The days are getting longer and I feel like I'm waking up from a long winters nap. I am very affected by daylight or the lack of it. Spring is a time for hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh...those shutters are just gorgeous! I'm in love with Your romantic cottage. The easter and spring decors look fabulous
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shabby home on the lake. The shutters are so perfect. Love how you decorate.

    ReplyDelete